Last updated: 18 October 2018
Personal Data we collect from
users of our website, located at www.silolog.com and silolog.com (Site) and related hosted platforms
and services (Silolog Services).
In general, Silolog respects the privacy of your personal data and will not share your data outside of
Silolog, except where detailed below.
142 Langtree Crescent
Crace ACT 2911
Silolog Business Entity and Platform HostingSilolog is a business registered in Australia. Staff and office are located in Australia. Our website is hosted in the United States of America, and all data that we capture is stored on hosted IT infrastructure located within the United States. By using our website you agree and consent to your data being stored within our data centre in the United States. Being a web-based enterprise, Silolog must physically host services somewhere and users of such services necessarily will see data transferred across country borders to the central hosting location.
Users Outside of the United States
Types of Data We CollectPersonal Data means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you.
Anonymous Data means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below. To the extent that Anonymous Data is linked to your Personal Data, we will treat it as Personal Data.
Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, email address, country, username and password when you register to create an account with us (Account).
- We may collect information relating to any transactions carried out between us on or in relation to the Silolog Services.
- We may collect information that you provide to us for the purposes of using the Silolog Services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- We may collect information you have provided us for the purpose of task management. Task
management is the primary purpose of our platform
and the information we collect is provided by users of the platform to co-ordinate and facilitate
task management. This information
is specific to each client and user, and Silolog has no control over the text, document and image
contents supplied to the platform.
The data we collect is structured into separate groups called Silos (Silo). Each Silo has one or more member accounts. All member accounts within a given Silo are able to see all content within that Silo. Where a Silolog account is not a member of a Silo, that member account is unable to see content for that Silo. Thus, a Silolog user may only see content of a particular Silo, if the user is a member of that Silo. Where user-provided content in a Silo is private in nature, Silolog is not responsible for and cannot shield this data from being seen by other members of the same Silo.
Silolog does undertake to:
- Limit data in a Silo to being just visible to members of the Silo.
- Encrypt all traffic between client/user browsers using https where the user browser provides this capability.
- Use firewalls and other security technologies and software to protect against unauthorized access to data to the maximum extent reasonably possible.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- When connecting to Application or Site via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- We may collect your phone number in order to provide some services (for example: text messaging via SMS, WhatsApp). We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you provide us with feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system, browser and other requested information if you contact us for support.
Information Collected via Technology
Information Collected by Our Servers. Our servers (which are hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Image Tags. We may associate a unique identifier with images placed in emails and on web pages to track activity of Web users. This helps us to identify if emails have been opened allowing us to determine statistically whether specific email campaigns are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie such usage data to a user's personal data.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal Data from third party sources. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you directly via the Silolog Services.
Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to
requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal
Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Silolog Services;
- enable your use of the Silolog Services and provide the Silolog Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Silolog Services;
- send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Silolog Services and for other marketing purposes of Silolog.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Silolog Services. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Silolog Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Silolog Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including clients and business associates.
- Users. We will share your Personal data with other users of the Silolog Services that you designate and authorize solely for the purpose of providing you with the Silolog Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Silolog Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Silolog.
Your Choices Regarding InformationYou have several choices regarding the use of information on our Silolog Services:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Silolog Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Silolog Services or all functionality of the Silolog Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your Account through the Silolog Services or by contacting us directly using the contact information provided above. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.